Thursday 6 June 2013

Comic Strips and Theatre Trips

gallifreyanwizardof221b: frequentfeministidiots: heatherela: S...



gallifreyanwizardof221b:

frequentfeministidiots:

heatherela:

So I did a survey…

So, you're saying you can't name one?

Are you kidding me. You know full well what they meant by that.

Men benefit from society anyway, gender equality or not….

frequentfeministidiots: heatherela: So I did a survey… So,...



frequentfeministidiots:

heatherela:

So I did a survey…

So, you're saying you can't name one?

Men benefit from society anyway, gender equality or not….

Best Friends!



Best Friends!

So I did a survey…



So I did a survey…

Photo



pastelmorgue: fawnthefeminist: In all seriousness I made this...







pastelmorgue:

fawnthefeminist:

In all seriousness I made this because it's one of my pet peeves for guys to assume I'm dressing up/wearing makeup for THEM, but then after I made this, I'm like holy shit I made that hair dryer fuck that shoe. So then I had two reasons to put it on tumblr. 

YES

full-commujism: lamestains: oxfamgb: Do you fancy going to...



full-commujism:

lamestains:

oxfamgb:

Do you fancy going to Glastonbury this year? 

All you have to do is reblog this Syria infographic in the next 24 hours to be entered into a prize draw for two tickets. 

You'll be helping spread the word about our lifesaving work in Syria at the same time as getting the chance to go to the UK's biggest music festival! 

You can also enter via Twitter, Google+, Pinterest or Facebook. We'll announce the lucky winner tomorrow morning. Good luck!

Sorry but I can't help think that this is a testimony to our greed is this for real?
There is something seriously amiss when "spreading the word" is only an excuse used in order to win festival tickets. For shame, guys. If you cared, you'd do something, donate to charities like the red cross or physically help out if you can like
Yeah this is odd

this is fucked up

Seriously thought this would have involved some sort of charity work at Glastonbury!

Photo



Photo



Photo



How I feel after I vote

whatshouldbetchescallme:

image

dcu: Great new gif by madebyabvh: Animated Action Comics...



dcu:

Great new gif by madebyabvh:

Animated Action Comics #1

ORIGINAL

"It's silly, I know"

"The sexualization of women is only appealing if it's nonconsensual. Otherwise it's "sluttiness"."

"The sexualization of women is only appealing if it's nonconsensual. Otherwise it's "sluttiness"."

- Lindy West (via hambitch)

fashiontipsfromcomicstrips: Wonder Woman, photographed by...



fashiontipsfromcomicstrips:

Wonder Woman, photographed by Robbins Studios

I love this beautiful Wonder Woman gown that Robbins Studios spotted at C2E2. The full star-spangled skirt is a great interpretation of Diana's classic Wondy-undies.

laughslastforever: Go grease lightning, you're burning up a quarter mile  (•_•)— )    )z   /  ...

laughslastforever:

Go grease lightning, you're burning up a quarter mile

 (•_•)
— )    )z
   /   \

GREASE LIGHTNING 

\(•_•)
   )    )z
   /   \

GO GREASE LIGHTNING

 (•_•)
— )    )z
   /   \

Photo



















"Except you can't show a topless woman on TV - and you can't defibrillate a woman in a bra. So..."

"Except you can't show a topless woman on TV - and you can't defibrillate a woman in a bra. So victims of heart attacks on TV are *always* male. Did you know that a woman having a heart attack is more likely to have back or jaw pain than chest or left arm pain? I didn't - because I've never seen a woman having a heart attack. I've been trained in CPR and Advanced First Aid by the Red Cross over 15 times in my life, the videos and booklets always have a guy and say the same thing about clutching his chest and/or bicep.

And people laugh when I tell them women are still invisible in this world."

-

distractedbyshinyobjects

re: feministing - for women, heart attacks look different

Things I did not know, but should.

(via elfgrove)

This is a post that might save a life. 

(via str8nochaser)

My mom worked for 25 years as an ER nurse and is convinced that a lot of women die simply because folks only know heart attack symptoms that occur in males. 

(via darkjez)

Society thinks our bodies are so scandalous that it's better to put our lives at risk than to show us how to stay safe

(via callingoutsexists)

"Men In Comics: Systematically Taking Away Everything Women In Comics have Accomplished"

"Men In Comics: Systematically Taking Away Everything Women In Comics have Accomplished"

- Matt Fraction (via anklewings)

msdamagedbabydoll: Rape culture is where people are more outraged at someone falsely being accused...

msdamagedbabydoll:

Rape culture is where people are more outraged at someone falsely being accused of rape than someone being raped.

"As long as women's natural body hair is called disgusting and inappropriate while men's isn't, I am..."

"As long as women's natural body hair is called disgusting and inappropriate while men's isn't, I am a feminist.
As long as I can't watch an episode of a popular sitcom without having to sit through multiple sexist comments or "jokes", I am a feminist.
As long as women have to face the rational fear of being sexually assaulted every time they walk home past dark while men don't, I am a feminist.
As long as misogyny exists in any country in this world, I am a feminist.
As long as women are being raped, then stoned to death or forced to marry their rapist, I am a feminist.
As long as companies promote men to manager when there are women who are equally as or better qualified, because they find that men look more authoritative, I am a feminist.
As long as women (her choice of clothes, her friendly nature, her weakness, her choice to drink alcohol) get blamed when men rape them, I am a feminist.
As long women's opinions on online social networks are dismissed with phrases like "tits or gtfo", "get back to the kitchen", "are you pms'ing?", I am a feminist.
As long as dressing like a women is degrading for men and as long as men are insulted with phrases like "you throw like a woman", clearly implying that being like a woman is shameful, I am a feminist.
As long as both men are women are expected to work, but taking care of children and the household are still largely considered a woman's job, I am a feminist.
As long as boys and girls are treated differently, expected to act differently, and surrounded by different toys and colours from the day they are born, I am a feminist.
As long as topless women aren't allowed in public unless they're on the cover of a men's magazine, I am a feminist.
As long as women who have sex frequently are generally told they are "sluts", "lacking self-respect" and "lacking morals" by both men and women, while men who frequently have sex are "just being men" and it's "natural for them", I am a feminist.
As long as there are places where women have to pay more for health insurance than men, I am a feminist.
As long as men experience situations with equal gender representation as female-dominated, and don't consider a group discussion equal unless there are significantly more men then women participants (as has been proven), I am a feminist.
As long as there are men who think it's their wife or girlfriend's duty to have sex with him whenever he wants, I am a feminist.
As long as the word feminism ("the movement aimed at equal rights for women") has a negative connotation, I am a feminist.
As long as misogynist people exist, I am a feminist."

-

LE CHRYSANTHÉMEI am a feminist.  (via oktoberlyons)

Preach it. 

(via empoweringredlipstick)

No comments:

Post a Comment